Sunday 26 May 2013

Submarine Adventure

The submarine was going further down into the chasm. Deeper than any recorded vessel, and the poor things sounded as if she was going to buckle under the strain.

“Is that really supposed to be happening?” I had to ask, even though I knew the answer she was going to give. And I knew it was going to be lie.

“Perfectly normal Ma’am, everything is going as expected.” She wasn't every reassuring, since several people opted out of the mission, thinking that it was expected to fail, and all of us were going to die.

At least they were smart and put only women on the sub. Our bones are denser and can handle the pressure of the ocean better. In fact, my mother had been selected to be one of the first Americans in space, but then they realized that the world wouldn't accept a bunch of women being astronauts in space, let alone to go to the moon.

I'm glad that kind of bullshit is over with. For me anyways.

Not that I'm supposed to be here. I have nothing to do with any of this. I wrote a paper, and then all of a sudden the worlds best and brightest think they need me as an expert. Except for the fact that it's all classified so I'm not aloud to know what we're looking for down here. I can only guess from what my paper was about that it must have something to do with the ancient Greece. What ancient Greece has to do with a large chasm in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, I could only guess one thing.

Atlantis.

Or something like Atlantis. Since my paper was about dialects that happened in Ancient Greece that were a variation from a nomadic tribe that seemed to have intelligence way beyond that of the rest of the Greeks of that time.

The sub was creaking very dramatically now, she wasn't designed to go down this deep. Nothing was, not James Cameron, no one.

The tiny sonar screen started to beep.

“We're reaching the bottom, sir.”

I knew that they didn't want to be there, because they still all referred to themselves as 'Sir' when speaking to superior, that didn't matter. If we were going to be making a discovery that would top man's first step on the moon.

I was smirking when the crashing happened, someone was yelling “Hull breach! Hull breach!” and water started pouring in hard.

The next thing I know I'm being flung across the room, or whatever they call it. And I crack my skull against a computer. Sirens were going off and the last thing I saw was everyone being pulled away from me, and a huge pain in my stomach. Then the something ripped the ship up, like a large black, metal spear, it tore the sub in half, water came crashing in. I had been separated from the rest of the crew, but that didn't matter, because water was crashing down on me. And I was going to die.

To my surprise. I didn't not die. Instead, I woke up, in what was a shiny black room. All the walls, the floor and ceiling were the same color as the thing that tore the sub in half.

A voice came out. Or at least I think it was a voice, it was audible, but I wasn't sure if I was hearing it, or if it was just in my head. And echo without an echo. And words without words.

I soon stopped caring about the voice, not voice thing. There was a hole in my abdomen. I giant hole, through and through. Impossible, yet I never thought I was dead, I knew I was alive. Because it hurt like hell.

“Hello!” I cried “ I have a huge hole in my stomach! It really hurts, but not as much as it should. So what ever you are saying, it should be put on hold until I get an anwer to why I'm not dead. And why I have a giant hole in my stomach!”

If I knew what or who I was dealing with at the time, I would have been a little bit more eloquent, but I was scared.

The ceiling opened, and looking down on me, were these amazingly strange creatures. They were like shadows, but for their sky blue eyes.

“Calm down!” came a booming noise that made my ears almost burst. Then there was more of the voice, not voice thing. And eventually.

“We have now calibrated to your tone. You have been synthesized by us, and your wound should heal in a day or two. Now, tell us your intentions.” It was an ambiguous voice. And it scared me.

“Be scared, but answer our question.”

“To find out what's down here. Other than that I have no intention, solely to discover.”

“That is why you are the only one we kept alive. Welcome.”

“You...you killed the rest of the crew?”

“Yes.”

“Why?”

“They would have done the same to us.”

“Oh, I didn't know.”

“What are you?”

“We are the ones that were here first, we are the ones that will be here last.”

“Aliens?”

“No.”

“Dinosaurs.”

“No.”

“Humans?”

“No.”

“Then what are you?”

“Gods.”

“Oh, well...great.”

“You are not worthy, nor do you need to die. You mean us no harm, and we enjoyed your essay.”

“You read my essay?”

“Yes.”

“Did you send for me?”

“Yes.”

This was strange, underwater gods were trying to tell me that they just killed a crew of over twenty people just to say 'good job'

“You can stay with us. And we will show you how we made your world, and we will show you what we showed your brothers and sisters.”

“Atlantis?”

“Yes, we will show you what we showed them.”

And then as if they read my mind, which, I guess they did. I was shot upward from the room, and I saw them! They were magnificent, their blue eyes and shadowy bodies were an illusion to intimidate me. They were angelic, with no sense of authority. And one held a strange purple spike. He held it over to me. And when I grabbed it.

I became a god too.

No comments:

Post a Comment