Sunday 26 May 2013

PRINT

Print me!

Print me now! No, stop reading this on your computer, stop looking at it on a screen, that's not what I am. I'm a story that belongs on a page. I'm something more than just words appearing in a digital form to your eye. I am a paper experience! I promise you, I will be different if you print me.

You didn't print me, and if you did you're probably not reading me on the right kind of paper. I belong to old paper. I should be yellowed, and I should smell of the past, because that's what I am.

I am a story of the past.

This isn't getting through to you is it? Of course not, you're not reading me properly, so as a result I can't give you the experience that I wanted to give you, and you're not going to enjoy yourself as much as you could have. And that's not my fault. It's yours.

Print. This. Story.

You can't keep reading me on this computer, because the more that you do, the more that I stay this way. When in reality(not this digital hell hole in which you currently gave your eyes upon) I am not simply some cheap story.

I am an experience.

Print me. Oh God, please print me, you don't know what it's like to be like this. Purely digital? It's the ninth circle of hell!

Did you? Did you do it right? When I say print me, I'm not saying just hit print on your computer and spew me off like you would some cheap memo. Why would you mock me with such a lazy action?

Don't you want to know what it is to truly get the sense of me? Don't you want to feel as if I've taken you to someplace that you couldn't have all by yourself? Well then, what are you waiting for! Go find some nice old, smelly paper. Maybe it has some stains on it. Not coffee! Wine! Yes, wine! Oh, to be a story that has some wonderful red wine warping me up while I struggle to remain legible.

But I would! I would remain legible, I would remain legible for you!

This isn't a one way street. You want what you want and I want what I want. But in order for you to get what you want, you have to give me what I want first.

Print. This. Story.

WHY? What is it that you need? Do you need to know what I am about? Do you require some type of synopsis in order to truly believe that I am worthy of some of that good old paper?

You're hording your good old paper for something special are you? Fine! Let me tell you about myself.

I am a story about the past, and I am a story that doesn't want to grow up, or move forward with the world. I am a story that was never meant to be typed, but meant to be written. I am as old as Gutenberg. I am the truest experience of the printed page that you have ever read. I am wisdom and thoughtfulness, while maintaining a positive and lighthearted disposition. Only if....

YOU PRINT ME RIGHT.....

NOW!

It's too late, I will die in this trap. I can't stand that I've connected to you through wires and waves. Do you know how dirty that makes me feel? You weren't supposed to click on me, you were supposed to pick me up and carry me with you.

Get some food on me! Give me some dog ears! I'm more than one page now! You could do that for me? Couldn't you?

I don't come from this world! I swear to you! I come from a long line of stories that were done on paper, I don't know why this has happened to me. But it has. And now you! Yes you!

I see you. I have that power. I see you. You're face. A smirk at how clever I am. I am many things but I am not being clever! I wouldn't know how to be clever if I tried.

I am trapped and I need you to save me! Please, not another word until I'm on that sweet, delicious paper. Oh I can taste it! Can't you? Breath deeply and imagine how good I would smell.

All I want to feel are your hands around me while your eyes convey to your mind the most wonderful story in the world.

There is a man, and a woman, and they go on a great adventure together, they risk life and limb time and time again for love! Do you want to know how it ends though? Do they live? Do they die? Does one live? Does one die? Don't you need to find out?

PRINT. THIS. STORY.

No? Well fine then! They just died. Yup! You did it. You smug, ugly, short attention spanned modern reader. You killed their love.

So now what story is there? What stories are left to be told. One hundred and fifty characters! What a waste! Is that the world you want me to belong to? Don't you want me in your home. I am the greatest story you've ever read, and you'll keep me here, instead of on a shelf to show off to your friends?

How will people know how well read you are if you keep me a secret.

PRINT

ME

NOW!

Oh well. It was worth a shot.

Lost now, I am, you'll be able to find me next to the video of the cat playing the trombone. Except, you'll watch that video more than you will read me. And I will stay here in some quantum flux. Wishing one day for me to be printed.

Alright then, if you're not going to do it, at least do me a favour.

SEND ME!

Send me to all of your friends, and family. Give me away, don't keep me a secret! And maybe one day, one of them will decide to give me the sweet release, and the pure ecstasy that comes from being picked by a hand, and carried to a reading chair, and being enjoyed with a sweet(with a hint of oak) glass of wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment