Sunday 26 May 2013

Apology from a Time-traveler

Time travel is a funny thing. Turns out, everything had to happen exactly the way that everything happened. So when I went back in time, I accidentally killed everyone, and they were all replaced with entirely different people. And as a result. A completely different world. I also stopped existing. I was the last to change. And that's how I was able to write this down, I'm watching everything change in front of me. Which I thought would be instantaneous, but I guess when you defy the laws of the universe, the universe takes a little bit longer to react.

As the time traveller, I suppose I am the only one that actually knows what's happening. Like a temporary stasis bubble.

This was a horrible accident, and there is nothing I can do to stop it. Or fix it, or turn it back.

Actually, that might not be true. As soon as I stop existing, then, I could never have gone back in time, could I have? So the world would revert back to what it was, and I just gave the universe a hi-cup.

In that case though. I'm killing all of these people that just started to exist. So I still have committed a mass murder unlike any other human being in the history of time.

I'm not a scientist. I just have an active imagination, and a lot of money. And before all of this mess happened, I was deeply unhappy and disturbed.

I wanted to make the world better, not just for me, for everyone. So I needed to go back in time, and fix the decline of the planet. I thought I would go back to the time of Columbus, and make him be nicer to the first nations people. I was going to prevent mass slaughter, not destroy the world as we know it!

Well, first things first was getting a time machine. A time machine, I'm sure you didn't know, involves punching a hole in the universe. Stepping through that hole, and surviving, and then stepping back into the universe and surviving.

So. What's a hole in the universe you ask? A hole in the universe is a black hole.

And although I have a whole bunch of money and already own a couple of space ships. I didn't have the time(ha!) or technology to get to the nearest black hole.

So I hired a team to make a machine to make a mini black hole, to punch a hole in the universe. Pretty neat stuff, accidentally saved the world with that one. It created a sustaining energy to power the world for as along as the world lasted.

I also secretly hired a team to create a suit that could pass through the black hole. So I could time travel. Because, even though I had saved the world. I felt it was too late, because my brother was still dead.

I assumed that I would be able to do so much good. That once I was outside the universe I would be able to pick and choose when and where I wanted to go. Yes, like a god.... I see the error of my ways now.

So I put my super suit on and a travelled through our own little man made black hole. And poof! I had left the known universe.

If ever you have the means, I highly recommend it. Since my super suit was made out of something, uh, super. I was still able to exist in a place where there was no time, and I was the only matter around. However, my imagination was right! I could look at the whole universe, at any point that I wanted.

And then I got selfish. Sure, I could go back in time and make the world better, but I already did that with the sustainable energy black hole thingy. So, I went back only forty years, to save my brother from drowning.

So breaking back into the universe takes a lot of energy, and although outside of space and time I was looking forty years back, I guess because of the energy it dropped back another hundred. Before anybody in the worlds grandparents were born.

I stepped into the world. Immediately realized my mistake and turned back to leave. However, I said someone saw me.

That's it! They just saw me!

And then I stepped back out of the universe and saw the burn of the known universe as we know it. All of a sudden all throughout time, history was not going to plan. World Wars happened. But there were four, because no one invented the atomic bomb! I saw it all, because I was outside of space and time.

Turns out that if you change the past at all by a second, you screw everything up because in order for people to be born who they were born, it had to happen at that exact moment with that exact sperm or, you get and entirely different person. Oops!

So, I since I had fucked up, I punched through back to my time. Well, actually, about ten years after I left. No effect, on the universe whatsoever.

So I'm sitting here, watching the last of the world that we knew. It was a good world, this new one looks pretty much the same. I think we have a better public education system in this new one, so there's that.

I didn't get to save my brother, the drowned when we were twenty years old. Swimming in the dark. I guess that's what I've done to world now, it's drowning because I went swimming in the dark.

What I am trying to say is. To whoever reads this. I'm sorry for what I did. You have no idea.

Also, if you ever figure out how to travel outside the universe and as a result space and time. Don't go back in time at all! Just go forward. It seems to have no effect, or at least, it doesn't destroy the known universe.


Sincerely,

The Last Time-traveller

No comments:

Post a Comment